Look for what others missed.
Podio provides flexible project management software that allows people to work the way they want to, as opposed to being forced to work the way the software does.
They wanted to appeal to creatives, and get coverage in publications that creatives read, like Adweek, Fast Company, and It’s Nice That.
During our research phase, we came across the following infographic which detailed the daily rituals of famous creative people, including Mozart, Beethoven, Freud, and Darwin:
As somebody who is interested in both productivity and creativity, I should have been the perfect audience for this infographic. But I found it too hard to extract the information. You can’t make comparisons quickly. You can’t filter to see the different activities separately. And the circles, while aesthetic, make consuming the information unnecessarily difficult.
We felt there was an opportunity to make this information easier to consume, so you could quickly see – and compare – when these famous people slept, did their creative work, exercised, etc.
So that’s what we did.
For example, here’s when the different creatives liked to sleep:
And here’s when they did their creative work:
The new layout also made it easy for journalists to extract stories. So they could quickly figure out who were the most extreme night owls, early birds, workaholics, alcoholics, etc. And this gave them plenty to write about.
You don’t need to be the first to the table; you just need to bring something new. We weren’t the first to visualise this info. We weren’t even the second. But we ended up getting more shares and coverage than the previous two combined.
- Featured in TIME, The Huffington Post, Fast Company, Business Insider, It’s Nice That, Flavorpill, Lifehacker, Boing Boing, Laughing Squid, Colossal, Adweek, Gizmodo, ShortList, and The Washington Post
- Linked to by 1,104 sites
- 40,000 likes and 14,000 tweets
- 863,000 visits
- Shortlisted for Best Data Visualisation 2015 – Information is Beautiful Awards
- Nominated for Best B2B Campaign – The Drum Search Awards 2015
- Personally responsible for concept development and creative direction
- Generic coumadin online for sale